Saturday, March 8, 2014

Favorites For August 2013

Tomomi and Michael's Wedding 8/02/2013

Tomomi and Michael's wedding took place at The Silver Swan Bayside on Kent Island. I love shooting here. One of the reason is that it is right on The Chesapeake Bay which gives me great sunset photos. The other reason is that I live about 5 minutes from this location. So, it is very convenient.  That being said, once I am here I approach my shooting like any other wedding. I look to tell the story in a visually creative way. Tomomi and Michael were wonderful and made my job very easy. Below are some of the photos.












Tiffany and Michael's Wedding 8/10/2013

I started this wedding at The Westin in Annapolis for getting ready photos. From there went to St Mary's Catholic Church for the ceremony. After the ceremony we did the sword Arches out front (Michael being in the Navy). We still had several hours before the reception so we did some photos in the gardens then walked down to the Marriott Waterfront to hang out in the bar (Pussers). Afterwords, we shot some photos outside on the docks before heading over to The Silver Swan Bayside on Kent Island. There, we did more photos by the water and at sunset. After dark they set some lighted hot air balloons go up into the night sky… It was quite a day. Many different locations and many images taken. It was a long day, but I enjoyed every minute. This wedding is on my website. Below are some photos.













Kristen and Nathan's Engagement

I met Kristin and Nathan at the park for their engagement session. This is my go to park here on Kent Island. I've been shooting here for probably 15 years. So, I know every inch of it. I sometimes ride my bike and jog here too. It is a big park so I slowly move from one spot to the next until we reach the water on the Chesapeake Bay. I capture lots of story photos along the way. There are photo opportunities everywhere. It is important to use them all. Below are some examples.











Molly and Alex's Engagement

I went over to Eastport in Annapolis for this engagement session. We basically walked though the streets of Eastport shooting. There are always photo opportunities. You just need to look for them. Below are some examples.









Allison and Matt's engagement

Back to my Kent Island location for this engagement session. Matt and Allison were a lot of fun. She is definitely a joy. It's good to do the session mid week as there are not many other people around. We kind of have the park to ourselves. No worries about people in the background. We also got a nice sunset. A few of there photos are below.











Ashleigh and Tim's Wedding 8/17/2013

I started at Ashleigh's parents house where she was getting ready. Tim arrived after Ashleigh was dressed so they could have their first look. The house is on a creek so they had a nice pier for some photo use. Afterwords we headed over to The Chesapeake Bay Beach Club for the wedding. During the ceremony my Canon 1D mark III stopped working. The shutter apparently broke. My 5D Mark II was also giving me trouble, so I was down to only my 5D Mark III. I had another 1D Mark II handy but didn't use it. It was for last resort. The wedding was great. I had so much fun with Ashleigh, Tim and the entire wedding party. It was another long wedding day. But I enjoyed every minute. Now I need to fix my camera's.










Caitlin and Costa's Engagement

Back to my favorite park. I had another great session with Caitlin and Costa. Even though I am on auto pilot almost because I know the location so well, the finished images still can be very original if you just let your clients enjoy themselves and capture it using your vision. No posing is necessary.














Meghan and Matt's Wedding

I started at the salon in Easton, MD for this wedding. We were there probably 4 hours, maybe 5 hours. It was a lot of girls getting hair and makeup done. But, I enjoy this part of the day. I get familiar with all the girls and I like being a fly on the wall just crabbing story. The wedding was a few blocks away at The Tidewater Inn. This is a wonderful location located in the heart of Easton. The first time I shot here was probably 14 years ago. It is much nicer now. The place has a small town feel to it, a nice spiral staircase, a cool front porch like area, garden area in the back and other cool settings within a block or less. Since we didn't get any formals done before the ceremony, we had to work like crazy to do all of them in a very short time span. But, no problem, as I can work supper fast if needed. Out front the street was closed off for a block party that included a band. We still managed to get photos even with people everywhere. This wedding is online at my website.










Heather and John's Engagement

I met Heather and John in DC at the Nationals Park where the Washington Nationals play. John is the head grounds keeper there. So, we had total access to the field. I'm a big National's fan so being on the field was very cool. Afterword, we drove down to the monuments for more photos. The session is on my website ( Nationals Park).
















Molly and Alex's Wedding 8/31/2013

I started this wedding at the brides house in Annapolis. From there we went to the church located downtown Annapolis. The minister was very strict and did not allow us any where close to the ceremony. He almost didn't let us shoot at all. I reminded him the client was paying us to be there. Annapolis churches are all like this. They hate photographers. It drives me crazy. But, we still have to be professional, take the high road, go by their rules and do the best we can.

After the ceremony it was off to The Chesapeake Bay Beach Club where we are welcome. We were the only wedding so we were able to use all of the facility for photos. Molly and Alex were wonderful. I really enjoyed working with them.







Copyright 2013 Larry Huffman Photography. All rights reserved.

No comments: